Meurer Law Offices, Denver, Colorado
If you are unable to make decisions for yourself, Living Wills and Healthcare Directives created with help from the Meurer Law Offices can speak for you. These are written, legal instructions affecting your medical care preferences. Whether you’re seriously hurt in a car accident or in a coma due to an ongoing illness, these instructions will guide your doctors as they make decisions regarding:
- Resuscitation measures such as restarting your heart if it stops
- Using mechanical ventilation if you’re unable to do so on your own
- If and how long you wish to be tube fed if recovery is unlikely
- How long you want to receive dialysis treatment
- Use of antibiotics or antiviral medicines near the end of life
- Palliative care, including pain management or being allowed home
- If you wish to donate organs and tissue transplants
- If your body is to be donated for scientific study
Planning ahead ensures you get the care you want while relieving loved ones of the stress that comes with making important medical decisions for you. Removing the burden also reduces confusion and prevents arguments amongst your family members. At the Meurer Law Offices in Denver, we can help you develop your Living Will and Healthcare Directive. We work with clients of all ages since unexpected circumstances can happen at any time. We believe it’s better to be prepared.
Advance directives aren’t just for older adults. Unexpected end-of-life situations can happen at any age, so it’s important for all adults to have these documents in place.
Call or contact our offices today to schedule your free consultation: 303-991-3544