Estate Plan Annual Review
Whether it’s been one year or six since creating your estate plan, the Meurer Law Offices in Denver offer a free estate plan annual review to our clients. We know that with time comes changes in your situation, including needs, assets and even preferences. If you’d like to make updates to your estate plan, or if one of our attorneys find opportunities to better protect your estate, we can also advise you on next steps.
What’s an Estate Plan Annual Review?
At the Meurer Law Offices, we’re dedicated to providing our Denver metro community with honest and compassionate estate planning assistance. This includes our free estate plan annual review to assess all items you have in place and to secure your legacy for future generations. During the evaluation, we will use our comprehensive checklist to walk through your current estate plan step by step.
This estate plan annual review includes the following items:
- Basics of Your Will and/or Trusts – We’ll make sure all property and assets are included and protected, even make sure all documents have been properly signed and notarized.
- Durable Financial Power of Attorney (POA) – Have you designated someone you trust deeply to make financial decisions for you in the event you’re incapacitated? We can discuss.
- Medical Healthcare POA – Should you be incapacitated, designating this type of representative will ensure someone is there to speak to your doctors and make decisions on your behalf.
- Living Wills and Healthcare Directives – Here, we’ll make sure your life support and end of life decisions are clearly stated so that a designated and capable agent can honor your wishes.
- Executor, Trustees, Agents, Guardians and Alternatives – During the estate plan annual review, we will look at who you have currently appointed and determine if they are still the right fit.
- Beneficiaries & Distribution Strategy – We’ll take a look at who you have named, how you’ve divided your assets, as well as how funds or assets will be distributed (outright or held in trust).
Our attorneys at the Meurer Law Offices in Denver will also compare your wills and/or trusts to current accounts (e.g. banking) and insurance policies. We’ll make sure all documents are aligned and there will be no confusion about who you want named as a beneficiary. Once we work through the full checklist, we can then advise you on and make any changes you request.
For your free estate plan annual review, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.