Do you need to have a living will in colorado

What is a conservator?

In circumstances where there is neither a Revocable Living Trust nor a Durable Power of Attorney in place, the law in Colorado allows the courts to create a Conservatorship. This means that, should you be unable to conduct your own business affairs, due to either a physical or mental incapacity, then a Conservator is responsible for your financial and estate affairs.

To seek the appointment of a Conservator, a Protective Proceeding will take place in court. The person for whom the Conservator is handling the affairs of is then titled a Protected Person.

To find out more about this process, contact our team here at Meurer Law Offices – your local Denver estate planning law firm.